Saturday, October 08, 2005

Books I've been reading these days

Well, couldn't read much these days ... I have been busier than the devil, I guess ... usually I ALWAYS read something before falling asleep ... that's a habit I've developped over twenty years, with rare exceptions when I go on some excursion.
PREY by Michael Crichton and DA VINCI CODE by Dan Brown are the two that consumed me in september. I had literally crawled through the books, inching along every night ... but I must say, it felt good reading thrillers after a long time.
Da Vinci Code was more engulfing, since I have immense interest in theology, and the early days of christianity has become the focus of my attention ... I read some about the early days of Islam (and frankly speaking, they are mindblowing), and I have a good mind to spend some "busy nights" coming ahead. I remember Mursalin being very much carried away by the thriller ... no wonder why. While reading DVC, the coded poems of "Royal Bengal Rahasya" popped up in my mind, Satyajit Roy would never lose his charm to me.
Anyone have a good marvel up the sleeves to suggest? Let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just finished Da Vinci Code :P
It's awesome...Simply unputtable..

Himu said...

oi bhotka, Robin Cook er Sphinx poira dekh ... arekta joss historical thriller ...