Saturday, September 03, 2005

Phire phire ashe

I was on the Dhaka-Mymensingh road, and was listening to Bangladesh Betaar ... and after soooo many years, 18 I guess ... heard this song by Rafiqul Islam,
tomaare jeno bhule naa jaai,
she ashish daao more ...
there was something so intense about this song, not only the lyrics, not only the tune, not only the smooth voice, but bits and pieces of my childhood blended with them ... and I watched the sunny greens in bhaluka to melt away into my sunny glass panes back in sylhet, my beautiful verandah where the sky peered into my eyes, the rainbows with the lost seven colors ... and I could feel my cheeks getting wet ... and not always one can cry to his content, can he?
Childhood is a gift to go lost, and perhaps all of us never cease keeping looking for it. Perhaps only in dreams we get closest to this wonderful gift.
It's very unlikely that anyone would have the song in mp3 format, but I would be grateful if you could send it to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I've never heard of the song.

Himu said...

kono somossa nei botsho ... ami nijei ekdin guitar hate nie tomader potcha unir cafer samne gie khona golay geye shunie die ashbo ...