Monday, August 01, 2005

August with its august presence

August is my favourite one out of twelve ... not because I was born in this month (that is no good reason to be fond of a month). It has something so comforting.
Let me try to explain. I know the weather might seem a bit awkward to you ... it rains a lot, it's hot and humid, you sweat a lot, the whole country gets under the swollen water, etcetera ... but it's the same august with its rare clouded sun, its sudden gipsy winds, its singing rains. It's the month I listen to the beats of raindrops in my balcony, I bathe in the rains, I stretch myself across the winds. August is my playmate.
Not many of my friends were born in august ... but the best ones. That's another good thing about August ... you can get down to dine and to feast and to kick up dusts ... august rocks :)!
25th is my day ... at least it should be. I met only one person so far who shares my birthday (another I never met, Taslima Nasreen), in München, a romanian belle, Franziska Szoke. And yes, people born on the same day shares some of their ideosyncracies too. I'm looking forward to meeting others to check out that thing.
Anyway, this august had a good start ... I had a wonderful long drive up and down the great Bangbandhu Setu, got a plan to hike up to Chandranth this friday ... and who knows what good surprise awaits me? Ich drucke meine Daumen darauf ;).

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Wo drucken Sie Ihren Daumen?

-----

Rajputro's Online Journal

Himu said...

Du willst es, dass ich wirklich dir sage? Die Antwort kann sehr peinlich sein ;).