Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bad Hair Day

I feel totally blank. Perhaps because I overslept a bit.
The morning charged me like a raged bull ... and I was sleeping wrapped in a red kantha too ... I felt like a maladroit matador, and sulkingly woke up. And the loud boo wasn't coming from any bloodthirsty audience, it was my damned phone alarm. Then I fell asleep again. Fuck the bull. I'll continue to be an absent-minded Matador.
The next time it was a technician from my broadband joint ... I don't understand, 12 AM was still too early for any sane person on a holiday. I politely shooed him off ... and jumped on the bed again. But another bull charged me out of my rocker. It was in my stomach.
Ok ... so I got up, got washed, and decided to give my hair a good trim. Not that it would make me look good (you need some very intricate procedures to do that) ... but it would make me feel lighter. So I went to the bihari barbers waaaaaaaaaay too far from my home, and experienced a waiting of almost 40 minutes. A chandichhila chandu was there, apparently sleeping on the chair, while the barber trimmed his hoggy head, and frankly speaking ... there wasn't much to do over there. And he dared to get a shave after "trimming" his ""hair"" (I need a double quote for that) ... and then came a tiny little cute girl with her silky hair which should have been cut like an U to make her plaits look more beautiful ... and only then could I have the honor to stick my head under the guillotine.
I felt sheepish when the trimming was done (I guess every sheep feel that way after being sheared) ... it was the same ugly me with a different haircut. Damn it!
I decided to come back and punish myself ... and here I am with a stupid blog!

No comments: