Thursday, November 03, 2005

Eid?

I quit "doing" Eid ( We Bangalis DO everything ... we do politics, we do literature, we do sex ... we are a great doing nation), that is, Eid festivities when I stepped into the Uni. Not that I had better things to do on eid, but suddently everything felt pretty boring ... wearing a new Kurta, fooling around with friends, having a date on Eid and fooling around more, watching rhino-ticklers on TV ... the only thing I like about the eid is the quiet streets, for at least two days. I feel a new Dhaka around me.
Since 2002 I leave the city on Eid evening with my trekker friends ... and the day quietly slips away in packing my rücksack. But this Eid day is bearing pretty heavy on me. My mom's out of country, I might not be able to go for the challenging 120 hours of trekking trip to the heart of Bandarban, and what's more terrifying ... I'll have to spend the day here in Dhaka not knowing what to do. I have half a bottle of vodka up my freeze (the nastiest I ever gulped down), and some boozuwoozu friends ... but I'm not allowed to have a party that involves drinking in my house. Perhaps I'll be watching those shitty programs on TV?
Damn, I hate my luck.
And I miss my mom too :( ... no more yummy dishes on Eid :(((((((((((((((((((((.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eid Mubarak...(Mama):P

Himu said...

Eid Mubarak ... shalah :@!