Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lord of the Flies

A good book has wings, and you can soar high.
Lord of the Flies is the one I've been reading for days, and some minutes ago I finished it. It is indeed a good experience, and I would insist everyone to read William Golding's works. He rules over a different genre of language. One can literally feel the words crawl up to one's reasoning, I should say.
I always interact with the books I am reading, I feel the characters under my skin sometimes, and when I share their emotion, I come to know that the author has conquered another reader. I have a good mind to start with Darkness Visible tomorrow, Golding has surely cast his spell upon me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm amazed! we had to read LOTF in grade10 and i think it is the most boring book ever... our teacher made us listen to Golding read the book in class... and honestly, that was a waste of time.. cuz everyone slept :P and when it came to answering the questions on the book... ... don't ask :P

Anonymous said...

btw... u have a nice blog here

Himu said...

I would have hated to read it as a text in the class too, especially if I were in grade X ... but I like the way Golding has woven the story. I like his simple, but elegantly honed expressions. Simple, yet precious. I like this style a LOT. I also pesetered my friends to read it :p.

Thanks for visiting my blog ... I have been a bit busy in a particular Bangla Blog site, www.somewhereinblog.net ... and haven't been updating this one for quite a long time ... if you're interested you could visit my bangla blog ... www.somewhereinblog.net/jongliblog ... thanks again.

Anonymous said...

khi khi.. I have already visited your blog there :P & no need to thank me... thank you for your nice words... i'm still learning from you :)