Sunday, July 24, 2005

Addicted to Dreams

I'm quite sure that it wouldn't have remained a contingency that I would leave this city behind and start my new life up on some mountain, only if I could get rid of this profound affinity to internet.
Sounds stupid? Perhaps I am one. But I simply can't put my mind off this dream of mine, to leave Dhaka, to leave Bangladesh if possible, and buzz off to some distant place; surrounded, guarded and accompanied by mountains. There I would be living in a tiny shack, or a log house if possible. There would obviously be no electricity. There I would domesticate mountain lambs and fowls and nurture apple trees in my tiny little orchard. Every morning I would wake up as the purest rays piercieng the unadulterated air would touch my closed eyelids, I would get up and stand there in front of my little hut, naked, embracing the morning. Then I would go collecting water from the fountains down below. My lambs would be milked, my eggs would be snatched from the chickens ... and I would have my breakfast sitting below a tree, right on the edge of my mountain.
The rest of the day I would spend shepherding my lambs down the valley. Oh, just thinking of the lush greenery makes me pack my rücksack!
But you know, sometimes this innocent dream gets a bit twisted. I guess I am a bad dreamer when I get horny, and I think of lifting my arms from under the shoulders of a sleeping lady when the shines peep through my log window, or standing naked together with a lady for joined-hugging the morning, or letting the lambs loose down the valley and shepherding the animal inside me ... and I start to feel sorry for that poor woman up there, spending her life with animals.
Some day or other I'll touch my dreams ... I'll swim in the crystal-clear waters of streams, I'll jump into the mountain river from apple trees, I'll slide down the valley all the way down, I'll sit in front of a fire under the glistening sky full of stars and sing aloud weird songs, written and composed by me ofcourse ... and will do whatnots!
I will, just see! Wait till I get my broadband connection unplugged!

No comments: